ticker

Monday, August 15, 2011

Roasted Pepper and White Bean Salad

I'm a bit depressed, didn't lose any weight this week :( but I shouldn't let that bother me because in my mind I'm still motivated and I have yet to quit going to the gym.

Taking care of another person is really messing with my inner clock so I'm going to have to start putting aside some me time and get back to taking care of what I'm eating. I've been sort of eating on the run mostly and what I'm sticking in my pie hole is not really conductive to losing weigh or healthy for that matter.
I'm going to the gym tonight so that's a good thing. I've been going at least 3 times a week and squeezing in a walk here and there. Weird to say but I look forward to the gym! I never thought I'd ever say that! Ha!
I did try a new recipe this week that is actually really tasty. It came out of a Canadian Living magazine but I doctored it to fit the vegan bill! It was supposed to have crumbled goat cheese in it but instead I replaced it with a very good tofu feta.



Roasted Pepper and White Bean Salad

4 cloves of garlic, chopped
3 tbs. olive oil
1 small jar *roasted red peppers, chopped
4 tsp. lemon juice
2 tsp. vinegar
1/2 tsp. dijon mustard
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. dried or 2 tsp. fresh thyme
1/2 block tofu feta, crumbled
19 oz. can white navy or kidney beans, drained and rinsed

Lightly saute the garlic in the olive oil, add thyme and set aside until cooled.
In a medium sized bowl whisk together the lemon juice, vinegar, mustard, salt and olive oil, garlic, thyme mix. Add the beans and peppers and mix well, sprinkle in the tofu feta and toss lightly.





No comments:

Post a Comment