ticker

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Yummy Hummus

We had a really nice time yesterday, the botanical gardens were gorgeous and I can't say enough nice things about the Chinese garden, it really was breath taking, just wow! The attention to detail was more than I expected, you really felt like you were in China, not that I've ever been there but I imagine it would be close! :D


I'm planning for a Mezze Platter tonight so I'll be needing another batch of my Baba Gannouj, some of my Taboulé and some Hummus. So my recipe for today is Hummus :)

Weez's Perfect Hummus

1 1/4 cups cooked chickpeas, reserve some cooking liquid
2 tbs. Tahini, 30gr.
2 tbs. lemon juice, 30gr.
1 tbs olive oil, 15gr.
1 small clove garlic, chopped
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. cumin
1-3 tablespoons of chickpea cooking liquid

Put all ingredients except cooking liquid into a food processor and process until smooth add liquid 1 tbs. at a time until you have the right consistency.

Once you've made your Taboulé, Baba Gannouj and Hummus, you can assemble your Mezze Platter.

Add Taboulé to the middle of the platter with Baba Gannouj and Hummus on either side. Add olives, roasted pepper, artichoke salad, stuffed grape leaves and pita crackers.

Sprinkle a bit of paprika on the 2 spreads and serve!


No comments:

Post a Comment