ticker

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Weez's Quinoa Taboulé

Today I thought I'd talk about fresh tomatoes, I hate them! LOL... Now here's the weird part, I love spaghetti sauce, ketchup, sliced tomatoes on a pizza, any tomato that's cooked but I just can't eat them fresh. Believe me, I've tried to reason with myself about them and I've even sat down at the table with a sliced tomato on a plate saying to myself "OK, you're a big girl now, so today you're going to eat a fresh tomato" It goes in and comes right back out, skeebie jeebies and all... YUCK!! I wish I could overcome this tomato thing but I think at my age, it's not happening.
So in the following recipe where there should be tomatoes, instead there's peppers! :oD
*Weez's Quinoa Taboulé
1/2 cup quinoa (115gr.)
1 cup water
1 small clove garlic, chopped finely
1 tbs. onion chopped finely (5gr.)
1 cup finely chopped fresh parsley (50gr.)
3/4 cups bell peppers chopped (100gr.)
1/4 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
1 tbs. oil
2 tbs. lemon juice
Rinse the quinoa and drain well. Add to a small pot with water, bring to a boil and lower heat to low, cover and cook for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool for about 30 minutes uncovered. Add remaining ingredients to a large bowl and stir in cooled quinoa.

*Weez is me, Louise. Every little kid that's tried to pronounce my name has always said "Weez" so it stuck.

So I was looking at my smoothie post..... hmmm, leaves much to be desired, so I'm re-posting with a pic and a few comments on the side.

Tropical Smoothie

100 grams bananas
100 grams pineapple
3/4 cup vanilla coconut milk* (180gr.)

throw it all in a blender and Voila!! Mmmmmm
* not the canned coconut milk, see link.

You don't have to use coconut milk if you can't find it, you can use almond milk, soy milk or plain old dairy milk but the coconut milk gives it that tropical flavour you can't get from the others.

Nutrition Facts and Analysis for Tropical Smoothie



1 comment:

  1. You are such a goofball. LOL!

    OK, you're a big girl now, so today you're going to eat a fresh tomato" It goes in and comes right back out, skeebie jeebies and all...

    Tana

    ReplyDelete