ticker

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Where to start....

To make it simple I'm fat! I'm at an age where I'm worrying about all sorts of health problems. I was told 15 years ago that if I didn't lose weight I would be dealing with diabetes 10 years down the road.
Hmmm... do the math, not complicated, I should have developed diabetes 5 years ago....

I've been lucky so far but I know it's going to run out sooner or later. Of course there are those who like to say "you gotta die of something" which I think is stupid reasoning but those are the people who don't want to deal with their issues and prefer to sit back and wait for something horrible to happen to them.

So here I am, starting a blog about blubber! I'll be including recipes whenever I can so try to check in as often as possible.

I'm 5'1" and weighed in at 157.5 this morning! What am I hoping to accomplish? What I really want is to lose 42.5 pounds in 1 year. That's a pound every 8.5 days. That equals to 412ish less calories a day. In all honesty that should be a piece of cake, Mmmmm cake.... OK, I'm kidding I don't have a problem staying away from cake, Chinese food is my downfall but I think I'm ready for a challenge!

The plan, weigh in every Monday morning, start eating healthy, try to exercise....

Ready?  3....2.....1  and I'm off! :o) YAY!


No comments:

Post a Comment