ticker

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Summer Bean Salad

Good morning all! Another gorgeous day! Lots of yard work to get done this morning before it gets too hot. Mostly it's weeding, damn I hate weeds.... You yank them out and by the time you're done you turn around and there's just as many! Why won't my plants grow that fast and healthy???

Yesterday I tried to behave with my junk food intake but Gilles (hubby) just kept saying he wanted ice cream, or poutine and even a hamburger and this was right after diner! He's beginning to sound like someone I know (you know who you are.... Dan! :oD) I did make him a strawberry shortcake which he loved....and no, I didn't have one........



Today I'm making a bean salad, it's actually really yummy, lot's of crunchy veggies and of course beans. I will warn all of you who are following for recipes, you'll need to go out and get yourselves a good food scale cuz I make all my recipes with one, I hate measuring cups! :o)

Summer Bean Salad

1- 540ml can of mixed beans, drained and rinsed
300 gr. frozen corn, no need to thaw
150 gr. bell peppers, chopped
100 gr. celery, chopped
100 gr. grated carrots
50 gr. lemon juice
30 gr. olive or canola oil

Mix in a big bowl and refrigerate for an hour or two before serving.
I used yellow carrots and 4 different colors of peppers for added color.



OK, time to go make coffee and drag my butt outside.
Have a nice day! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment