ticker

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Vegan Shepherd's Pie

My niece just landed in France with her dad this morning so my sister and I are off to Ikea to get her a few accessories to redecorate her room. She gets to come home to a new bedroom, lucky kid :o)

So here I am, 6:50am, my eyes barely unglued. I think I'm going to try my new soy coffee creamer......
Hmm, not bad, a little fattening but not horribly so,

So Nice for Coffee

All Righty Then! :oD
Tonight we're having Vegan Shepherd's Pie, for me it's a love hate thing, I LOVE the dish itself but I HATE that there's leftovers because I can't stay away from it. It's one of those things that I could keep eating til it hurts and still keep eating, and the same goes for Sweet Russian Cabbage Soup. I need to learn portion control with certain things!




Vegan Shepherd's Pie

1 pkg. Yves Veggie Ground Round
1 onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, chopped
15 gr. vegan margarine or vegetable oil

Heat the margarine in a large nonstick pan, add onions and cook til soft and lightly browned, add garlic and ground round and keep cooking for 3-4 minutes.

Continued: 

300 gr. (2 cups) of mixed frozen veggies (I like the peas,corn and carrot mix)
1 cup water

Mix water and gravy mix together and add to ground round, then add veggies and continue cooking for about 5 minutes over medium-low heat. Pour into a 9x9 casserole and cover with mashed potatoes*

Mashed Potatoes*

4 large potatoes
20 gr. vegan margarine
almond or soy milk

Peel and cook potatoes, drain and and return to pot. Add margarine and mash. Add enough almond or soy milk to make creamy. Season to taste with salt and pepper.

2 comments:

  1. What can I ues in place of the Vegi Ground Round?? I live in a small town in Costa Rica where selection is slim. Maybe a layer of mashed red or black beans. The recipe sounds great.
    >>> Stosh2010

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Stosh!!
    I suppose you could try the beans, it will be different but I'm sure it would still be good. I would mash 1/2 and leave the rest whole for texture purposes.

    On a side note, are you using google chrome or some other browser besides IE. Nobody seems to be able to join/follow or comment with IE.

    ReplyDelete