ticker

Saturday, July 30, 2011

HEAVENLY PIZZA!!!!!

It's 6:30am, and I'm sore and tired but I couldn't sleep any more because I just couldn't find a comfortable position. I really hope that in the long run going to the gym will help this. I'd love it if I could wake up in the morning and feel refreshed instead of beat up. :P

Well anyway it's time to stop whining and post my recipe. Well it's not really a recipe, it's more like how to put together a great vegan pizza! :D


You can use your own pizza crust or a store bought crust but home made is probably better and I use a bread machine cuz I'm a bit lazy when it comes to yeast dough..
This is my dough recipe:

1.5 cups warm water
2 tbs. olive oil
2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. sugar
4 cups flour
4 tsp quick rise yeast
1 tsp dried basil.

Throw it all in the machine in order that it's listed and set to dough. OR you can make it the traditional way if you don't have a machine. This will give you enough dough for 1 extra large pizza or 2 small pizzas.

then.....

time to add the toppings, I used commercial pizza sauce, one small can was more than enough and then I added:

sliced mushrooms
green and red peppers
black olives
pine nuts
marinated and chopped artichoke hearts
sliced tomatoes
large chunks of garlic (6-8 cloves) sauteed in 1 tbs. olive oil (Drizzle the oil on the pizza)
*Daiya vegan mozzarella

I put this one on the BBQ for about 6-8 minutes but you can also bake it in the oven at 500f for about 8-10 minutes.

* Daiya cheese is pretty new and it really helps a vegan pizza if you insist on adding a "cheese" product. And I know it must be pretty good because my SIL gobbled it up and said he liked it so THERE! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment