ticker

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Weez's Scrambled Tofu


I went to the gym for the first time yesterday without being told what to do by a trainer, I looked at my card and then Katrina's card and realized I wouldn't even break a sweat with mine so I did hers! :P
We were there for a bit over 2 hours but I'm sure we can work it out to about an hour and a half once we get the hang of sharing machines.
Also the Doctor's office called today to let me know that I don't have high blood pressure after all! Just a few cases of white coat syndrome, so I'm really happy about that, one thing less to worry about!!

Here's another tofu recipe, can you tell I like tofu? It can be used in so many ways and there are so many different tofus out there, the possibilities are endless.
This is my 4th tofu entry, great for breakfast or lunch... or dinner... or snack... hmmm I guess anytime! :) 

Scrambled Tofu

Serves 1
1/2 of a 12oz block of extra firm silken tofu
2 tbs. green onion, chopped
1/4 cup mixed bell peppers
1 baby potato (1/4 cup)
1 tsp. canola oil
1/4 tsp. turmuric
1/8 tsp. each salt and black pepper


Press the tofu lightly in 2 layers of paper towels and set aside while you chop your veggies.
Chop the veggies into 1/4" pieces. Add oil to your pan and add the turmuric to the oil and cook for a few seconds, add veggies and cook over medium low heat until potatoes are tender, about 5 minutes. add the tofu, salt and pepper and continue cooking for 3-4 minutes more.

No comments:

Post a Comment