ticker

Monday, July 25, 2011

Dumplings in Syrup (Grandpères)

Today I'm going to indulge a tiny bit, dessert will be Dumplings in Syrup or in the bon vieux Québécois "Grandpères"
But first things first...

Lotus on day 2...



AND...

Looks like I forgot to give an update on my blood pressure results, I haven't gotten a call back from the doctor yet but I was given a report after they took the ABPM off. Mostly my BP looks ok but there are a few spikes here and there, one of them I caused on purpose because I wanted to see what it would do so 30 minutes before leaving I did 15 minutes on Kat's elliptical trainer, so that's the reason for the big spike at the end. No idea why the first one is there, maybe the stress of having that thing on so who knows.... although I do remember that I did not stop doing what I was doing like I was told to during a reading so maybe that's what that is.


AND...
Monday morning weigh in, 1 more pound gone, YAY!!! :)
Pretty amazing considering I'm not really dieting at all!

So now it's time for the fattening recipe, I don't post junk food often but we need comfort food sometimes eh!

Dumplings in Syrup (Grandpères)

Syrup
1 1/4 cups brown sugar (250gr.)
3 cups water

Combine and bring to a boil in a medium sized pot. The pot should be more than 3/4 empty to leave room for bubbling.

Dumplings
1 1/2 cups flour (180gr.)
1/4 cup sugar (60gr.)
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp salt

Combine/sift these together in a bowl.
Cut in 2 tbs. (30gr.) *vegan margarine until crumbly and stir in 1/2 cup *almond milk (120gr.)
Lightly roll into 1 1/2" balls and drop into syrup and cook covered for 3 minutes at medium high heat then lower to simmer and cook again covered for 10 minutes longer.

*you can make these with regular margarine and milk.

No comments:

Post a Comment