ticker

Monday, July 18, 2011

Roasted Veggies

We had a crazy thunderstorm last night, I was sure something would be broken this morning but I guess I was lucky all is good this morning, no damage anywhere, in my yard anyway.

So last night I decided I would start keeping tabs on my blood pressure. I already own a B.P. machine and a pretty fancy one at that. It can be set to keep records for 2 different people so now I'm one of them. This morning it's at 133/87 which is better than at the gym. I will probably start posting my B.P. with my weight on Monday mornings.

I'm pretty happy with this week's weight loss considering I haven't been dieting all that much but I did have that 5 mile walk and yesterday morning I also walked to the store and back, only 1.5 miles but still a good walk since one way was uphill.

So drum roll please brrdrrpththtbrrr.....................I lost 2 pounds! down to 152!

For lunch today I made roasted veggies, one of my favorite ways of eating alot of different veggies at once and it's a real great way of getting lots of fiber too!


Roasted veggies

preheat oven to 400f

1 small sweet potato, peeled
1 medium zucchini
1 red onion
1 bell pepper (I used 1/4 pepper of 4 different colors)
2 carrots, peeled
2 small potatoes
3 clove garlic
2 tbs lemon juice
2 tsp. olive oil
1 tsp dried basil

Chop all veggies to bite sized pieces add to a large bowl, toss with oil, lemon juice and basil. Spread out on an oiled baking pan or on non-stick foil. Bake 15 minutes, stir around and bake another 15-20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment