ticker

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Vegetable Tagine

What a beautiful day this was, perfect temperature, nice breeze, not a cloud in the sky. I got quite a bit of yard work done and I also sat with my feet in my pond, hoping the fish would come out of hiding. I think they may have had a visitor a few days ago because they've been hiding for the last few days.

Also my lotus opened today, it will be here for 4 days and then gone til next year, but it's so worth the wait!


I managed to get some exercise today. Walked to my Mom's and back (4km there and back) before 9am this morning and this afternoon I took Lola for a 20 minute walk.

Hopefully I will be able to go to the gym tomorrow, if Kat doesn't go I guess I'll have to go by myself which is a bit of a drag but if I have to I will.

Another Tagine recipe, I was pretty happy with this one, very different from the other tagine recipe I posted and I served it with a nice chunk of olive bread....

Vegetable Tagine

1 onion sliced into thin rings
2 tomatoes, sliced
6 carrots, sliced 1/8" thick
2 large potatoes, sliced 1/4" thick
2 tbs. olive oil
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/2 tsp. turmeric
1 tsp. ginger
1 cup water

Put 1 tbs. oil in the bottom of the tagine*
layer in the onions, then tomatoes, then carrots into the tagine.
Mix the seasonings together and sprinkle over the potatoes in a large bowl and shake them around to coat them. Layer them over the rest of the vegetables. Add the water to the bowl and swirl around to get the remaining spices and pour over the veggies, drizzle the remaining tbs. of oil over the potatoes.

Put the covered tagine over medium low heat until boiling, then lower heat to simmer, covered for 2 hours. Serve with a good crusty bread.

*Don't forget to put a heat diffuser under your tagine and never use high heat!


No comments:

Post a Comment